This makes a very simple, quick breakfast or brunch dish.
Poached Eggs on Avocado Toast
A delicious and simple way to wake up in the morning. A gooey poached egg on top of creamy avocado and spicy arugula
- 3 quart saucepan
- Medium mixing bowl
- 4 extra large eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tomato
- 1 pinch of chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp citric acid or 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or one minced clove of garlic
- 4 slices bread
- Coriander leaves
- Mexican hot sauce
- Fill saucepan with water and add citric acid or vinegar. Turn on high and bring to a boil.
- While waiting for water to boil, seed and chop the avocados and tomatos. Place in a mixing bowl and toss together with lime juice, chipotle powder, salt and pepper.
- Toast first two slices of bread.
- Combine butter and garlic and use to spread on toast. Keep warm and make the second serving of toast.
- Turn boiling water down to a simmer and stir in a circular manner to create a vortex. Crack eggs into the water and poach for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or until whites have set.
- While eggs are poaching, assemble the toasts by laying the arugula down first, then spoonfuls of the avocado mixture.
- When the eggs are done, top the toasts with one egg per toast. Add a splash of Mexican hot sauce and some cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.