Advieh is a spice blend that appears in a lot of Persian dishes. It can vary from region to region and from family to family. I’ve put together one that covers a lot of bases and it will add the subtle and complex flavour that you are looking for.
Make it! Advieh
- coffee mill or mortar and pestle
- 5 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 4 inch sticks of cinnamon, broken into pieces
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 tsp green cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 20 dried rosepetals or 4 whole dried rose buds
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- Add all whole ingredients to a coffee mill, spice grinder or mortar. Grind into a fine powder.Mix with ground turmeric and store in an air tight container.